Paralegal, Franchise Services (Part-time Opportunity)
We are a thriving, multi-brand, national franchisor looking for a reliable and proactive Paralegal. The Paralegal will report to the Vice President, Planning and Development and work directly with our Home Office Team and under the supervision of our outside legal counsel to prepare legal documentations and agreements to ensure compliance with Canadian and US federal and state franchising, business opportunity, and distribution laws. Our Franchisee community is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our business needs.
- Assist in preparation of Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) and related amendments, exemptions, and quarterly reports for the US and Canada for all brands in our portfolio
- Assist legal counsel in responding to examiner comments/deficiencies to ensure exemption or registration in applicable states or jurisdictions
- Perform various activities related to franchise compliance with brand standards and applicable franchise related agreements
- Assist legal counsel with filing of franchise legal documents as needed with the Franchise Registry and respond to deficiencies
- Review and approve all Certificates of Franchise Documents
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certificate
- Prior franchising experience is preferred
- High degree of written/verbal communication and drafting skills
- Exceptional customer focus, organizational skills and ability to consistently prioritize and successfully achieve competing demands
- Ability to be flexible and agile in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
MaidPro is a Boston-based franchisor of residential cleaning services with over 370 offices throughout the United States and Canada. The company, which began franchising in 1997, takes pride in its strong owner community, kick-ass proprietary technology, and creative marketing. The Boston Business Journal has ranked MaidPro one of Boston’s Best Places to Work every year for over a decade.
We hire people who are natural learners, passionate about their careers and love to see the results of their work help businesses grow! We provide a fun place to work where people are nice, individuality is respected, learning is continuous, and your cutting edge ideas are welcomed. We have an on-site wellness program which includes group and personal fitness training, yoga, nutrition and meditation.
The ultimate Boston work location! We are located right next to the Boston Garden, steps away from the North Station Commuter Rail, orange and green line, Route 93 and Storrow Drive.
Our competitive employee-focused benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other ancillary benefits offered on your first day of employment
- Work environment following all State guidelines regarding Covid-19 safety
- Flexible schedules
- Career advancement and career paths
- On-site gym with a personal trainer; yoga classes and meditation, too!
- Cleaning benefit
- Employee discount programs
- Collaborative, fun company environment and culture
Job Status: Part Time