Legal Assistant/ Paralegal
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, MaidPro provides residential cleaning services across the US and Canada through over 370 franchised locations. In 2018, MaidPro expanded its service offerings with the addition of two new home services franchisors – Flyfoe (pest control) and Men in Kilts (home exterior cleaning).
MaidPro recently partnered with the Riverside Company, a private equity sponsor, to support aggressive multi-site and multi-brand future expansion into other home services markets. With this partnership, our intent is to rapidly expand to encompass 10+ franchise brands with over 1000 franchise locations within the next 5 years.
Our company takes pride in achieving consistently high satisfaction scores among its franchisees and has been a market leader in developing proprietary Cloud-based technology that is fine tuned to support virtually all aspects of operating small home services-based businesses. MaidPro is listed as a Forbes Top 10 Franchise to Start.
The Boston Business Journal has ranked MaidPro one of Boston’s Best Places to Work every year for over a decade.
The Paralegal will report to the Vice President, Planning and Development and work directly with our Home Office Team and under the supervision of our outside legal counsel to prepare legal documentations and agreements to ensure compliance with Canadian and US federal and state franchising, business opportunity, and distribution laws. Our Franchisee community is growing and the ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our business needs.
PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare drafts of franchise documents (including franchise and related agreements, amendments, and other agreements)
- Assist in preparation of Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) and related amendments, exemptions, and quarterly reports for the US and Canada for all brands in our portfolio
- Assist legal counsel in responding to examiner comments/deficiencies to ensure exemption or registration in applicable states or jurisdictions
- Review and screen information, comments and questions received from franchisees and their counsel
- Prepare initial draft responses for attorney review
- Perform various activities related to franchise compliance with brand standards and applicable franchise related agreements
- Assist legal counsel with filing of franchise legal documents as needed with the Franchise Registry and respond to deficiencies
- Review and approve all Certificates of Franchise Documents
- Facilitate full execution of documents by franchisees and ensure executed originals are returned and filed appropriately
- Bachelor’s degree and a paralegal certificate
- Prior franchising experience is preferred
- High degree of written/verbal communication and drafting skills
- Exceptional customer focus, organizational skills and ability to consistently prioritize and successfully achieve competing demands
- Ability to be flexible and agile in a dynamic and fast paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
MaidPro offers the ultimate Boston work experience. Our office is just steps away from the Boston Garden, North Station Commuter Rail, orange and green MBTA lines, Route I93, and Storrow Drive.
We provide a fun place to work where people are respected, learning is continuous, and cutting-edge ideas are always welcome. Competitive employee-focused benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits on your first day of employment
- Flexible scheduling
- Clear pathways for career advancement
- An on-site gym with personal trainer, yoga classes, nutrition, and meditation
- Cleaning benefits
- Employee discount programs
- Collaborative, fun company environment and culture
- A work environment following all state guidelines for COVID-19 safety